Here are the release notes :
- Join functionality for the database template.
- Unit Test, with result format template.
- Unit Test Preference can be exported to and imported from xml files.
- New Template to create snippet from attributes of a method.
- New preference page for the create variable functionality, where one can set the prefix for setters and getter/setter format.
- Pop-ups consolidated into one screen for the template mechanism.
- Pop-ups consolidated into one screen for Unit test.
- Templates can be used to create method.
- New Templates have been added with database fields. It can generate sql for insert, update, and select statements.
- New create variable menu option have been added with lot more options.
- For static imports, the user can choose the specific members to import.
- Templates can be exported and imported from xml files.
- Template variations have been simplified and more templates have been added.
- Templates menu has been placed in a sub menu which is easy to use.
- Also create similar class menu options have been put in a sub menu as well.
- For create new class, the class body can have arbitrary velocity template.
- Unit tests can be created for protected and private methods as well.
- Create similar feature has been enhanced to include method body. Also classes can implement any interface such as org.springframework.beans.factory.InitializingBean and have code to check that all fields have been set.
- Create new Dao or Service class has been added where just by typing foo and bar in a text box one can generate FooDAO and FooDAOImpl, BarDAO and BarDAOImpl and the configuration files.
- New templates capability has been added where one select a bunch of fields from any class and apply some templates to create various useful code snippet. It can create instance of a class, print a class, create toString, create hql select/update/delete statements, etc. Hql snippets support named query format as well.
Create similar feature can be invoked from the implementation classes even though it is configured with the interfaces. This way one does not have jump to the interface just for creating similar classes.
Junit tests can be created automatically during create similar action.
Junit test are created in the same project.
Capability to easily add new private fields has been added.